Magnus is an experienced business lawyer and arbitrator with over 25 years of experience in Swedish and international business law. Over the years he has gained considerable experience as arbitrator, counsel and project manager in M&A-projects.
- 2008 – LA PARTNERS
- 1998 – 2008 Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå
- 2002 – 2003 Slaughter and May, London
- 2000 Ericsson Mobile Communication
- 1997 – 1998 Reporting clerk at the Court of Appeals for Western Sweden and assistant judge at Stenungsund District Court
- 1995 – 1997 Law clerk at Gothenburg City Court and Swedish Enforcement Authority in Gothenburg
- 2010 – 2011 SAA Training Programme for Arbitrators
- 1994 LL.M Lunds university
- 1993 – 1994 Copenhagen University
- Swedish Bar Association
- Member of the Arbitration council of the Chamber of Commerce
- SAA – Swedish Arbitration Association
- Arbitration Association of Southern Sweden (chairman)
- Danish Arbitration Association
- The Association Dispute Resolution in Court (TiD)
- Malmö Football Club (Malmö FF)
Magnus is an experienced commercial lawyer and project leader in mergers and acquisitions, including auction procedures, as well as in litigation and arbitration proceedings. Having served as a judge, Magnus has worked with Swedish and international commercial law since 1998. Over the years, he has acquired in-depth experience from numerous complex cases and projects, including a wide-ranging variety of problem areas as well as agreements of the type that arise as a matter of course within any company or enterprise.
His experience also includes many instances of risk management and risk assessment in purchasing and sales situations in environments varying from IT companies and other IPR-intensive areas of activity through to traditional manufacturing industries. The larger-scale projects he has managed include standard contracts for development and purchasing for a leading telecoms company, general conditions for the purchasing of consultancy services for a large medical company, and reconstruction projects for subcontractor firms in the automotive industry.
Magnus has played a leading role in a large number of acquisitions in Sweden and abroad on both the vendor and purchaser side, including a wide variety of associated agreements and issues. He is well acquainted with all the various phases of controlled auctions as both project leader and leading lawyer (on both the vendor and purchaser side).
His career background means that Magnus has a wealth of experience in both litigation and arbitration proceedings. He has acted as counsel in Swedish and international cases subject to the rules of the FIDIC, ICC, SCC, and Danish Arbitration Institute, as well in as ad-hoc proceedings. He also has experience as arbitrator, including as chairman appointed by the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC), as well as in ad hoc proceedings.
Magnus is member of the board of the Swedish Bar Association.